Shiny is a lightning fast, fully documented & by-far-easiest-to-use C/C++/Lua profiler with no extensive surgery. Results are smoothed & shown in run-time as a call-tree or sorted-by-time. Output also renderable as graphs in Ogre3D or your custom engine
- Very very low overhead, extremely powerful and accurate high speed profiling
- Amazingly simple-to-use & flexible interface with lots of examples and docs
- Results are shown as call-graph or sorted-by-time and readable in run-time code
- On-the-fly smoothing averages for scientific or main-loop projects like game engines
- Rendering history graphs & nicely colored output in OGRE 3D or custom engine
- Clean platform-independent, object-oriented and free-for-any-purpose source code
No real documentation, no binaries, appears to require modification of all scopes you wish to profile (at the very least, requires modification of your source). Not what I wanted, not what I needed, and I had to dig through the source and compile it just to figure that out. Lack of useful information in description/docs is pretty much the entire reason for my rating.