Barracuda is a high-speed sequence aligner based on Sanger's BWA and utilizes the latest Nvidia CUDA architecture for accelerating alignments of sequence reads generated by next-generation sequencers.
- IMPORTANT FIX: please download 0.7.105a which fixes the memory leak in SAMPE command
- NEW RELEASE ver 0.7 - compatible with BWA 0.6+ BWT index
- Many thanks to Drs Bill Langdon and Arran Schlosberg for their contributions to the new code.
- Much faster than ver. 0.6.2! In fact it is now twice as fast compared to a 12 core Xeon server
- FM-index sequencing read mapper software using NVIDIA CUDA acceleration
- Outputs in SAM format for downstream analyses
- Requires NVIDIA graphics card with compute capability 3.5 or above and at least 1GB VRAM
- Requires NVIDIA CUDA SDK toolkit 6.x or above and NVIDIA driver 340 or above
- BarraCUDA is published on BMC Research Notes 2012, 5:27, doi:10.1186/1756-0500-5-27
- Paper URL: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/5/27
- This project is supported by the CUDA centre of excellence at Cambridge University
One of the easiest apps to use