Barracuda is a high-speed sequence aligner based on Sanger's BWA and utilizes the latest Nvidia CUDA architecture for accelerating alignments of sequence reads generated by next-generation sequencers.
- New: BarraCUDA (R260) is now compatible with CUDA 5.0
- New: GTX680 offers a further boost compared to Tesla C2075
- FM-index sequencing read mapper software using NVIDIA CUDA acceleration
- Outputs in SAM format for downstream analyses
- Much faster! Now 6 - 10X acceleration compared to 1 CPU core
- Requires NVIDIA graphics card with compute capability 2.0 or above and at least 768MB VRAM
- Requires NVIDIA CUDA SDK toolkit 4.x or above and NVIDIA driver 280 or above
- BarraCUDA is now published on BMC Research Notes 2012, 5:27, doi:10.1186/1756-0500-5-27
- Paper URL: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/5/27
- This project is supported by the CUDA centre of excellence at Cambridge University
There are no 2 star reviews.