Seoul Search is a user-friendly PHP/MySQL based application which has been used in a foreign commercial office in Seoul by its administrative personnel in order to schedule trade missions, seminars, wine tastings, conventions...
You only need a Linux system with Apache and MySQL running and you will be able to use Seoul Search.
How to install?
Very easy, download seoulsearch.tar.gz in your file system, open a terminal and unzip/untar the file. To start the installation type ./install.sh, but make sure you have write permissions on the Apache www directory before continuing. The first step is to specify the Apache www directory. Once files have been copied to the new location you'll have to specify the MySQL DB Server host, user and password. And the last step is to create a user name to enter the application. You can create more users anytime by inserting it to the 'users' table within the DB.
* Disponible también en Español
- Company wide contact database
- Shared use through LAN or Internet
- Multiplatform (access via browser)
- Multiple users with activity register (for logs, field modification and history of contact with client companies)
- Can handle very large number of companies
- Multiple contact persons, assistant information addresses, email, phone, etc. for each contact.
- Many activity fields for each company (Harmonized System of Tariff Codes, ad-hoc product description, project, etc.)
- Multiple search criteria.
- Possibility to work with batches of companies for specific projects (such as trade missions, events, seminars, trade fairs, conventions, etc.)
- Scheduling capabilites.
- Communications log.
- Multilanguage character support provided by database.
This is a very simple and efficient application. Installation is a breeze with terminal access. It runs at light-speed in a very old 386 machine with a 4.000 registers DB. It is very useful for scheduling of meetings, even for many groups of people working simultaneously, as in a trade mission or seminar with one-on-one meetings, etc. Should be very useful for anybody organizing agendas or events professionally. It is a very flexible tool, easy to customize. It has a template for telephone calls that allows to set targets for telephone operators regarding information to collect. Generally, it can be used to set up common standards for a group of many employees working in the organization of an event and allows them to share their work in real time. More than one person can divide the work to schedule meetings for the same agenda and check in real time availability, confirmed meetings, timetables, etc. It is a very sturdy app with minimum maintenance and it never crashes