Semantic Assistants support users in content retrieval, analysis, and development, by offering context-sensitive NLP services directly integrated in standard desktop clients, like a word processor, and web information systems, like a wiki.
- End-user friendly content analysis embedded in common desktop clients
- Standard W3C Web Services for Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Semantic Assistants Server executes GATE NLP pipelines
- Abstraction Layer for easy integration of NLP into new clients
- Client plug-ins for OpenOffice, Eclipse, Firefox, Thunderbird, ...
- Integration with MediaWiki for embedding NLP in wiki systems
- Semantic (OWL-based) metadata for NLP service descriptions
- Comes with ready-to-deploy examples services for Information Extraction (ANNIE); others available for download