Do not expect any usability here!
This is my very old research project. From time to time I have found it handy for recovering images from HDDs or memory cards.
Sector Viewer reads low level data of any physical drive like HDD or a memory card. This means it don't care about FAT, NTFS or any other file system.
For recovering data you just search the file signature of a missing file. For example FF D8 FF for JPGs. Then after long scanning the application returns the address list and recovering process of missing images can start!
Despite the application is a hack of hacks in some cases it handles physical drives far better than any other free data recovery software I have found so far.
So I decided to share the source and do some refactoring.
Sector Viewer is a very robust C# .NET application that can access \.\\PhysicalDrive on Windows XP.
Warning! Accessing directly to physical drive may not be safe! But it feels awesome!
Read Wiki for help.
- You can see and browse sectors of your physical disk one by one
- You can scan for Hex patterns (file signatures) across the entire disk
- You can use those patterns to find and recover JPGs and other image files
- You can export any data stream as a file
- Recover images automatically (after loading pattern scan results)
- NB! Works only with .NET 1.1 framework!
Be the first to post a review of SectorViewer!