Safe Exam Browser is a webbrowser-environment to carry out online-exams safely. The software changes any computer into a secure workstation. It regulates the access to any utilities and prevents students from using unauthorised resources.
- Webbrowser-environment to carry out online-exams safely
- Fullscreen mode (without any navigation elements)
- Disables shortcuts as CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4 and various system features (program switcher, process manager etc.) which should not be available during an exam
- Prevents students from surfing the internet during an exam
- Integration for learning management systems ILIAS and Moodle
- Possibility to permit additional external applications
- Now supports Windows XP, Windows 7 (including SP 1), Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7
- SEB MacOSX 2.0 public preview version 1 adds support for encrypted setting files .seb which allow to individually configure SEB per exam. Also included is a new feature to quit SEB after the exam is submitted by specifying a "quit link" and placing this on the summary page displayed by your LMS after submitting the exam. This preview does not contain all features of the final 2.0 release yet. Please test it and give us feedback, productive use only on your own risk. This version runs on OS X 10.7 and 10.8 only.
- New feature on both platforms: Detection if SEB is running on a virtual machine
- Easy installation and deployment: Modify the configuration files before installation, so SEB can directly be installed without patching it by additional configuration files after installation.
- SEB 1.9.1 supports additional browser windows and popups.
- New GUI editor called SebWindowsConfig.exe for easier configuration, without directly editing the initialisation files SebStarter.ini and MsgHook.ini.
- SEB 1.9.1 provides a more reliable and stable Windows installer, a better configuration tool and a modernized XULRunner browser component.
- SEB Windows 1.9.1 Final Release Bugfix contains a small bugfix for the XulRunner browser component. The User Agent String in the "config.json" file has been changed from "SEB" to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 SEB" because some web pages checked it and complained.
There are no 4 star reviews.