• Designed for Linux and Windows email system administrators, Scrollout F1 is an easy to use, already adjusted email firewall (gateway) offering free anti-spam and anti-virus protection aiming to secure existing email servers, old or new, such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, Qmail and others.
• Built-in multilayer security levels make configuration effort equal to a car radio.
• It combines simplicity with effective protection using powerful open source with additional set of rules & filters.
• Available as 32bit and 64bit:
- ISO image (Internet connection required during installation)
- install from scratch (Internet connection required during installation).
- 1 year free service for 1 domain: www.scrollout.net
• Minimum Requirements (for 5,000 messages/day):
1 GB of RAM
30 GB storage drive
1 Processor x86/AMD64
1 Ethernet x 1 IPv4 address
UDP ports: 53 123 4500 6277 24441
TCP ports: 25 80 443 2703
- Most features are automated
- 256 bit TLS/SSL encryption with Perfect Forward Secrecy
- Host-to-host IPSec transport encryption with pre-shared key
- Free and commercial Anti-Virus for inbound and outbound emails
- Different Quarantine per domain
- Different scores per domain for Tagging & Blocking
- Provides DMARC record: get notified when domain names are exploited.
- Built-it parallel outbound delivery from/to multiple hosted domains
- Additional SMTP ports.
- Spam scanning for inbound and outbound emails originated from non-intranet server
- Powerful and innovative geographic filtering for Sender IP, Server IP, URL IP and TLDs.
- Verify Sender IP against weighted white/blacklist providers (score RBL).
- Spammer database pollution by deploying unlimited spam traps for your website
- Innovative, easy to use (drag & drop) spam feeder using IMAP clients (as Outlook)
- Various validations for hostname, domain, IP, helo/ehlo commands and more
- Verifies incoming emails for DKIM and signs outgoing emails (2048 bits RSA)
- Recipient verification for Active Directory, LDAP, Zimbra and Domino.
- Protection against fake messages that appear to come from your domain or from yourself
- Built-in rules for newsletters and other messages generated by automated systems
- Protection against executable files, malicious content, scripts and more
- Eliminates a large amount of junk emails sent by infected or hijacked computers.
- Various tests for embedded pictures.
- Protection against forged domains like (fake) yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.
- Protection against wifi, dynamic, invalid or unknown hosts.
- Easy to replicate messages across the world by typing a backup (sub)domain.
- Whitelist [sender domain] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Blacklist [sender address] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Reduce storage cost by redirecting multimedia messages (archived or hidden)
- Relay outgoing messages through a global or per sender domain ISP (smarthost)
- Lite DLP for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and scanned images (archived or hidden)
- Assign different outbound IP pools per sender domain
- Disclaimer per domain
- Accelerate http traffic with web cache
- Simple web interface with guidelines
- Enforce encrypted connection with email servers
- Backup (BCC) incoming/outgoing emails to an alternative mailbox
- Clone/duplicate incoming emails to another (sub-)domain
- Custom Spam TAG in the Subject
- Fallback delivery on alternative email servers
- Learn spam from other email servers
- Prevent bounces
- Internal DNS cache
- Built-in RBL for IPs, Nameservers, Domains and DKIM
This is great stuff. If you know your business around email infrastructures this product is a no brainer. Kudos to Marius Gologan (The man behind this software), excellent work. For those who whine or rant about it, please take a look in the support forum, it's free.
ZERO STARS... Do not plan install this in a production environment. I won't pay for support since the install fails on a key component. CLAMAV will tag every single email with "Not Scanned!" if the clamav virus definition database is a single minor revision ahead of what scrollout says is equal to Debian stable. Debian users know this can be an issue. There is no way in the forums to disable the subject line tagging in the Debian install. YOU MUST NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL ON ANYTHING NEWER THAN UBUNTU 13.04 or scrolloutf1 will simply not install. No where does any documentation indicate this as of this review. Overall, the install is fairly straight forward, however a key component (clamav) can fail and will fail over time (via release revisions) and there is no way around this according to their forums and some evil google searching. This failure tags every single legitimate email with "Not Scanned".
Very Impressed with this software, and the support! Very Helpful community! Plus reported a new vulnerability with libc and scrollout was updated to resolve this within a few hours! Thanks!!
This is the best email gateway i ever saw and used (mdaemon..kerio..exchange edge server..) Our company has about 20 email domains and although it is used to receive mail with reduced mx priority I see that it works much more accurate than our existing gateways