• Designed for Linux and Windows email system administrators, Scrollout F1 is an easy to use, already adjusted email firewall (gateway) offering free anti-spam, anti-virus protection and Data Loss Prevention aiming to secure existing email servers, old or new, such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, Qmail and others.
• Built-in multilayer security levels make configuration effort equal to a car radio.
• It combines simplicity with effective protection using powerful open source with additional set of rules & filters.
• Available as 32bit and 64bit:
- ISO image (Internet connection required during installation)
- install from scratch (Internet connection required during installation).
- Free service for 1 domain: www.scrollout.net
• Minimum Requirements:
384 MB of RAM
6 GB storage drive (with high I/O for multiple domains hosting)
1 Processor x86/AMD64
1 Ethernet x 1 IP address
- Most features are automated
- 256 bit TLS/SSL encryption with Perfect Forward Secrecy (for SMTP & HTTPS)
- Virus scanning for inbound and outbound emails
- Different Quarantine per domain
- Different scores per domain for Tagging & Blocking
- Provides DMARC record: get notified when domain names are exploited.
- Additional SMTP ports.
- Spam scanning for inbound and outbound emails originated from non-intranet server
- Powerful and innovative geographic filtering for Sender IP, Server IP, URL IP and TLDs.
- Verify Sender IP against weighted white/blacklist providers (score RBL).
- Spammer database pollution by deploying unlimited spam traps for your website
- Innovative, easy to use (drag & drop) spam feeder using IMAP clients (as Outlook)
- Various validations for hostname, domain, IP, helo/ehlo commands and more
- Verifies incoming emails for DKIM and signs outgoing emails (2048 bits RSA)
- Active Directory recipients validation
- Protection against fake messages that appear to come from your domain or from yourself
- Built-in rules for newsletters and other messages generated by automated systems
- Protection against executable files, malicious content, scripts and more
- Eliminates a large amount of junk emails sent by infected or hijacked computers.
- Various tests for embedded pictures.
- Protection against forged domains like (fake) yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.
- Protection against wifi, dynamic, invalid or unknown hosts.
- Easy to replicate messages across the world by typing a backup (sub)domain.
- Whitelist [sender domain] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Blacklist [sender address] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Reduce storage cost by redirecting multimedia messages (archived or hidden)
- Relay outgoing messages through a global or per sender domain ISP (smarthost)
- Lite DLP for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and scanned images (archived or hidden)
- Assign an outbound IP address per domain
- Disclaimer per domain
- Accelerate http traffic with web cache
- Simple web interface with guidelines
I am officially impressed with Scrollout F1! We replaced Symantec messaging gateway with it and have very pleasing results. Highly recommended!
GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! :) Thank you for the fantastic job!
Perhaps a SourceForge all time top ten. It is embarrassing to consider the value that Marius Gologan gives away for free in this product. Up Date - I've been running SOF1 for almost a year now. We previously used a top rated, priced and advertised product for spam and virus email mitigation. On more than one occasion that product broke our exchange server resulting in spending 8+ hours on the phone with MS support. It also had a high cost of ownership related to the man hours required for maintenance and admin. SOF1 works great; has a small footprint and has never interfered with or broken some other part of our infrastructure. We paid tens of thousands for the "other" solution over the past decade. Recently, we deployed a second SOF1 at a redundant site. There were some problems which were self inflicted. After wrestling with these for a couple of days, I reached out to Marius Gologan for dedicated support and he was able to pinpoint the problems and propose simple and appropriate solutions in less than 2 hours. Occasionally you might stumble across a product or service that has an exceptional value as a business proposition, ScrollOutF1 and Marius Gologan are the definition of competence and excellent value.
Great application, has its weaknesses. Nonetheless a good download.