• Designed for Linux and Windows email system administrators, Scrollout F1 is an easy to use, already adjusted email firewall (gateway) offering free anti-spam and anti-virus protection aiming to secure existing email servers, old or new, such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, Qmail and others.
• Built-in multilayer security levels make configuration effort equal to a car radio.
• It combines simplicity with effective protection using powerful open source with additional set of rules & filters.
• Available as 32bit and 64bit:
- ISO image (Internet connection required during installation)
- install from scratch (Internet connection required during installation).
• Minimum Requirements (for 5,000 messages/day):
1 GB of RAM
30 GB storage drive
1 Processor x86/AMD64
1 Ethernet x 1 IPv4 address
UDP ports: 53 123 4500 6277 24441
TCP ports: 25 80 443 2703
- Most features are automated
- 256 bit TLS/SSL encryption with Perfect Forward Secrecy
- Host-to-host IPSec transport encryption with pre-shared key
- Free and commercial Anti-Virus for inbound and outbound emails
- Different Quarantine per domain
- Different scores per domain for Tagging & Blocking
- Provides DMARC record: get notified when domain names are exploited.
- Built-it parallel outbound delivery from/to multiple hosted domains
- Additional SMTP ports.
- Spam scanning for inbound and outbound emails originated from non-intranet server
- Powerful and innovative geographic filtering for Sender IP, Server IP, URL IP and TLDs.
- Verify Sender IP against weighted white/blacklist providers (score RBL).
- Spammer database pollution by deploying unlimited spam traps for your website
- Various validations for hostname, domain, IP, helo/ehlo commands and more
- Verifies incoming emails for DKIM and signs outgoing emails (2048 bits RSA)
- Recipient verification for Active Directory, LDAP, Zimbra and Domino.
- Protection against fake messages that appear to come from your domain or from yourself
- Built-in rules for newsletters and other messages generated by automated systems
- Protection against executable files, malicious content, scripts and more
- Eliminates a large amount of junk emails sent by infected or hijacked computers.
- Various tests for embedded pictures.
- Protection against forged domains like (fake) yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.
- Protection against wifi, dynamic, invalid or unknown hosts.
- Easy to replicate messages across the world by typing a backup (sub)domain.
- Whitelist [sender domain] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Blacklist [sender address] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Reduce storage cost by redirecting multimedia messages (archived or hidden)
- Relay outgoing messages through a global or per sender domain ISP (smarthost)
- Lite DLP for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and scanned images (archived or hidden)
- Assign different outbound IP pools per sender domain
- Disclaimer per domain
- Accelerate http traffic with web cache
- Simple web interface with guidelines
- Enforce encrypted connection with email servers
- Backup (BCC) incoming/outgoing emails to an alternative mailbox
- Clone/duplicate incoming emails to another (sub-)domain
- Custom Spam TAG in the Subject
- Fallback delivery to alternative email servers
- Learn spam from other email servers
- Prevent bounces
- Internal DNS cache
- Built-in RBL for IPs, Nameservers, Domains and DKIM
- Built-in Fingerprints service
- Send original SMTP information (Client IP, Client name, Helo, Sender)
Very impressive work! I replaced my Cisco Ironport ESA with Scrollout F1 and the result was very amazing, good work!! It will be appreciated more configuration option and better web logging systems. Thanks
Ease: 4 Stars. It is very easy to configure and use, but could use much more documentation explaining the features and their implications. Features: 3 Stars. Whilst most of the features are excellent and deserve 5 stars, the system lacks the most crucial of features and that is the white/blacklisting of IP addresses on the local server level rather than only depending on the RBL services. The white/blacklisting of email addresses and domain names is ineffective and could work against you. Design: 4 Stars. I would have given 5 stars, but the Ease and Features ratings naturally did not allow me to do so. Support: 5 Stars. Support is amazing. The blog is full of useful information and the developer invests a lot of time in answering questions and keeping the system updated. If there were an option for 6 stars, I would have chosen that one. Overall, I'm very happy with the system and I look forward to seeing it evolve more over time.
Fabulous open-source work by an expert spam-fighter. Highly recommended.
Great stuff. Working with this for more than a year without problems.
We use this in a production environment on Debian 6.0 for the last 6 months. This currently runs in front of our exchange server. Currently it runs on a small KVM virtual machine 2GB RAM, 20GB hdd, 1 CPU core. Runs great for us! Love the statistical graphs and rolling log view. This box replaced a well known hardware appliance and so far we are very pleased.