"Shane's Chess Information Database" is a huge chess toolkit with extensive database, analysis and chess-playing features.
Scid vs. PC is a usability and bug-fix fork of Scid. It has extensive interface fixes and improvements, and is fully compatible with Scid's .si4 databases. It's new features include a totally rewitten Gamelist, a Computer Tournament, and FICS, Tree and Book improvements.
- Databases fully compatible with mainline Scid, and extensively tested
- Play chess on the internet or against the computer
- Computer Tournament feature
- Interface fairly overhauled and debugged, including -
- Rewritten Gamelist, Ratings Graph, Analysis Engines and main window
- Drag+Drop support for Windows, Linux and other Xorg systems
- Tree window has embedded win/lose bar-graphs
- Book window allows for two books, and tuning has delete book move
- Clickable variation arrows
Just amazing. Powerful, fast, easy to use, and from what I can tell, a surprisingly small footprint
Great product scidvspc
Good job! Simple to use. Thanks!
simple and straight forward to use
Works and fast.
I can't be certain that it works on Windows 7 for a simple klutzy non-geeky chess-player like me. Should I stay away - or does it have sufficient f o ru m s a n d "help!"?