Scidb is an open-source chess database application for Windows, Unix/Linux. It is a new development inspired by Scid.
- Reading various formats (sci, scv, si3, si4, cbh, cbf, cif, ccif, pgn, pgn.gz, zip)
- Writing various formats (sci, scv, si3, si4, cif, ccif, pgn, pgn.gz, zip)
- Chess 960 and Shuffle Chess support
- Support of Drop Chess, Antichess, Three-check, King-of-the-Hill
- CQL-S (Chess Query Language) based position/header search
- Player base with online update
- Elaborated opening classification
- Support of chess for children (allowing invalid moves)
- 28 SVG/TrueType piece sets
- Customizable chessboard themes (38 pre-installed)
- PDF export (in planning stage)
great program with nice features. Works very well under Ubuntu 12.04LTS 32 and 64 bit as under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS32 and 64 bit. I tried it with Unity desktop without problems and now it runs under Mate desktop on my computers (one as an installation on an USB 32 Gbyte Stick).