Scidb is an open-source chess database application for Windows, Unix/Linux. It is a new development inspired by Scid.
- Reading many formats (.sci, .scv, .si3, .si4, .cbh, .cbf, .pgn, .pgn.gz, .zip)
- Writing many formats (.sci, .scv, .si3, .si4, .pgn, .pgn.gz, .zip)
- Chess 960 and Shuffle Chess support
- Support of Drop Chess, Antichess, Three-check Chess, King-of-the-Hill
- S-CQL (Chess Query Language) based position/header search
- 28 SVG/TrueType piece sets
- Customizable chessboard themes (38 pre-installed)
- PDF export (in planning stage)
great program with nice features. Works very well under Ubuntu 12.04LTS 32 and 64 bit as under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS32 and 64 bit. I tried it with Unity desktop without problems and now it runs under Mate desktop on my computers (one as an installation on an USB 32 Gbyte Stick).
great project! Nice strategy game. thanks
good project scidb
Very easy to use scidb
scidb is fast and stable