The CMake Build system And Software Implementation Standard documents and implements a standard for project organization, software build using CMake, and software implementation and documentation. The BASIS project was started in February 2011 at the Section of Biomedical Image Analysis (SBIA), Department of Radiology, University of Pennslyvania. The initial idea was only to provide a project template based on CMake which would standardize the project directory structure as well as the software build. Besides, this project template would allow the developers to concentrate on the actual software rather than on deciding upon the directory structure, the directory names, and the basic CMake configuration. To provide an even more comprehensive basis for the software development in a research environment, the BASIS project goes, however, two steps further.
The source code of BASIS is hosted on GitHub. Follow the web site link below to the new page.
- Provides project template and command to create new projects or manage existing ones.
- Eases project setup, build configuration, testing, and packaging.
- Seamlessly integrates C++, Python/Jython, Perl, BASH, MATLAB.
- Utilizes tools for automatic documentation generation from in-source comments.
- Standardizes software projects which further eases maintenance and super-build.
Be the first to post a review of BASIS!