changes in sbcl-1.1.9 relative to sbcl-1.1.8:
* new feature: the contrib SB-GMP links with libgmp at runtime to speed
up arithmetic on bignums and ratios. (contributed by Stephan Frank)
* enhancement: disassemble now annotates some previously missing static
functions, like LENGTH.
* enhancement: clean.sh now also cleans doc/internals.
* enhancement: SB-EXT:PRINT-SYMBOL-WITH-PREFIX can be used within ~// to
print a symbol with a package prefix.
* enhancement: The debugger and backtracing are more robust against buggy
* optimization: calls to static functions on x86-64 use less instructions.
* optimization: compute encode-universal-time at compile time when possible.
* optimization: when referencing internal functions as #'x, don't go through
an indirect fdefn structure.
* optimization: SLEEP doesn't cons on non-immediate floats and on ratios.
* optimization: (mod fixnum) type-checks are performed using one unsigned
comparison, instead of two.
* optimization: enable more modular arithmetic transforms in the presence of
* optimization: bitwise OR forms can now trigger modular arithmetic as well,
when the result is known to be negative.
* optimization: recognize more cases of useless LOGAND/LOGIOR with constants.
* optimization: comparisons between rationals and constant floats or between
integers and constant ratios are now converted to rationals/integers at
* optimization: Smaller and faster DOUBLE-FLOAT-LOW-BITS on x86-64.
* bug fix: problems with NCONC type derivation (reported by Jerry James).
* bug fix: EXPT type derivation no longer constructs bogus floating-point
types. (reported by Vsevolod Dyomkin)
* bug fix: sb-bsd-sockets has correct declaration of the canonname field of
addrinfo. (lp#1187041, patch by Jerry James)
* bug fix: uninitialized type-error conditions can now be printed.
* bug fix: tests for sb-bsd-sockets no longer use a predefined port for
listening, allowing several tests to run in parallel.
* bug fix: during disassembly to *COMPILER-TRACE-OUTPUT* instruction
prefixes as used on x86 and x86-64 no longer sometimes print incorrectly.
* bug fix: Specialised SIMD-PACK types can be negated.
* bug fix: Modular arithmetic is more robust. (incidentally fixes another bug
reported by Eric Marsden)
* bug fix: FP return values from foreign calls are always rounded to single
or double float precision on x87.
* bug fix: Known-safe vector access on x86oids should not fail spuriously
when the index is of the form (+ x constant-positive-integer).
* bug fix: Remove GPL-licensed files from source distribution. (lp#1185668)
* bug fix: backtrace printer no longer tries to create very large lists when
the arg-count register is clobberred by other code. (lp#1192929)
* bug fix: x86 should never signal an FP exception while boxing an FP value,
a situation that lands us into ldb.