changes in sbcl-1.0.52 relative to sbcl-1.0.51:
* enhancement: ASDF has been updated to version 2.017.
* enhancement: the --core command line option now accepts binaries with
an embedded core.
* enhancement: when built with :sb-core-compression, core files (regular
or executable) can be compressed with zlib. Use the :COMPRESSION
argument to SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE to specify a compression level.
* enhancement: --[no-]merge-core-pages determines whether the runtime
hints the operating system that identical core pages between SBCL
processes should share the same physical memory. Default is to only
enable this for compressed cores.
* optimization: SLEEP no longer conses.
* optimization: *PRINT-PRETTY* no longer slows down printing of strings
or bit-vectors when using the standard pretty-print dispatch table.
* bug fix: non-function FTYPE declarations no longer cause a compiler-error.
* bug fix: compiler-errors causes by MEMBER types in conjunction with with
AREF, CHAR, etc. (lp#826971)
* bug fix: compiler-errors causes by integer arguments with composed of
multiple ranges to ARRAY-IN-BOUNDS-P. (lp#826970)
* bug fix: ,@ and ,. now signal a read-time error for certain non-list
* bug fix: complex single float literals are correctly aligned when used
as arguments of arithmetic operators.
* bug fix: on 32-bit platforms, rounding of double floats larger than a
fixnum is correct. (reported by Peter Keller)
* bug fix: stray FD-HANDLERs are no longer left lying around after unwinds
from RUN-PROGRAM. (lp#840190, reported by Dominic Pearson; fix from Max
* bug fix: redefining classes such that slots with custom allocation are
added or removed works again.