changes in sbcl-1.0.50 relative to sbcl-1.0.49:
* enhancement: errors from FD handlers now provide a restart to remove
the offending handler.
* enhancement: SB-INTROSPECT:FIND-DEFINITION-SOURCE now works on structure
copiers as well.
* enhancement: location of user or system initialization file can now easily
be customized for saved cores. See: SB-EXT:*USERINIT-PATHNAME-FUNCTION*
* enhancement: SB-EXT:MAKE-THREAD accepts an argument list designator for
the thunk, as a keyword argument, :arguments.
* enhancement: constraint propagation is simplified (and sped up) when
COMPILATION-SPEED > SPEED.
* enhancement: SB-ALIEN exports alien type specifiers SIZE-T and OFF-T.
* enhancement: debugger understands &MORE arguments better.
* optimization: extracting bits of a single-float on x86-64 has been
* optimization: MAP and MAP-INTO are more efficient for non-simple vectors,
when (> SPEED SPACE).
* optimization: local call trampolines (x86 and x86-64) are emitted
* optimization: implicit value cells for dynamic-extent closed-over bindings
on x86 and x86-64 can hold unboxed values as well.
* meta-optimization: improved compilation speed, especially for large
functions. (lp#792363 and lp#394206)
* bug fix: bound derivation for floating point operations is now more
careful about rounding possibly closing open bounds. (lp#793771)
* bug fix: SB-POSIX:SYSCALL-ERROR's argument is now optional. (accidental
backwards incompatible change in 188.8.131.52)
* bug fix: occasional debugger errors in when a type-error occured in a
function with dynamic-extent &rest list.
* bug fix: &optional and &key supplied-p arguments in DEFSTRUCT
boa-construtors can be used to initialized structure slots.
* bug fix: FMAKUNBOUND removes the MACRO-FUNCTION, should one exist.
* bug fix: DIRECTORY works better on logical pathnames.
* bug fix: RUN-PROGRAM no longer fails spuriously when argument strings
are of the order of ARRAY-TOTAL-SIZE-LIMIT. (lp#787237)
* bug fix: the compiler no longer constant-folds NaNs in
* bug fix: FORMAT now handles floating point rounding correct, eg.
(format nil "~,1F" 0.01) => "0.0" instead of "0.01" as previously.
* bug fix: style warning during lambda-list introspection of generic
functions with both optional and key argments.
* bug fix: regalloc doesn't barf on unused TNs due to type-directed constant
* bug fix: Fixed an off-by-one in MAP-ALLOCATED-OBJECTS that might have caused