SAGA - System for Automated Geoscientific Analyses - is a Geographic Information System (GIS) software with immense capabilities for geodata processing and analysis. SAGA is programmed in the object oriented C++ language and supports the implementation of new functions with a very effective Application Programming Interface (API). Functions are organised as modules in framework independent Module Libraries and can be accessed via SAGA’s Graphical User Interface (GUI) or various scripting environments (shell scripts, Python, R, ...).
Have a look at the SAGA web site for more details.
- Object oriented system design (C++)
- Modular structure allows framework independent function development
- SAGA API with immense support for geodata handling
- GUI for intuitive data management, analysis and visualization
- Runs on Linux as well as on Windows operating systems
- Portable software running without installation even from memory sticks (MSW)
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Scripting via command line, Python, Java, R
- Far more than 450 freely available functions for geodata analysis
- Georeferencing and cartographic projections
- Grid interpolation of scattered point data, triangulation, IDW, splines, ...
- Vector tools: clipping, buffer zones, raster to vector conversion, ...
- Image analysis: filters, supervised classification, PCA, FFT, OBIA, ...
- Geostatistics: GWR, variograms, ordinary & universal Kriging, ...
- Terrain analysis: morphometry, hydrology, illumination, classification, ...
- and many more ...
SAGA is a great package for environmental modelling and raster based work. Great functionality and fast processing times.
great program and fast help on the forum
Using SAGA GIS for working on raster data of all kind but mainly dealing with ALS data I am very fond of its quick, reliable and accurate processing capabilities. GUI also keeps improving steadily! I like it!
Nice, thank you