Safecopy can now wait for a disappearing source device to come back with the
--forceopen option, which is useful in case of USB devices that vanish during
It is now possible to tell safecopy where to continue a previous session,
which allows incremental mode when writing directly unto a target device.
Safecopy now reports meaningful exit codes. 0 is reported in case of a
100% successful copy. 1 In case of non recoverable errors, and 2 in case
of an error or otherwise aborted process.
The 1.7 release of safecopy consists of two files, the source tarball,
containing the complete program sourecode and test suite, and the extras
tarball containing optional documentation and the benchmark suite to simulate
specific faulty hardware.
- Fixed a bug with badblock include file handling ( ID: 2854324 )
- New --forceopen option to wait for removable drives to come back
- New -c (continue) option to resume when copying directly unto devices
- Return codes: (0 for success, 2 for abort/ error, 1 for incomplete copy)
- Adapted test suite to test for these return codes
- Code cleanup