RuneAudio is a free and open source software that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players. We want to make a cheap, low-consumption and silent mini-PC perform as an high fidelity digital source.
RuneAudio features a custom-built Linux distribution (RuneOS) and a web player (RuneUI) which allows to remote control playback and setup options, from multiple devices (desktop PC, netbook, tablet, smartphone).
- Easy to install and use
- A custom built, optimized and small footprint Linux-based OS (RuneOS)
- Runs on a variety of embedded platforms
- Works with almost every model of USB DAC in commerce
- Bitperfect and gapless playback of common audio formats (FLAC, WAVE, MP3, AAC, ALAC, etc.)
- Supports native DSD playback with DSD-over-PCM
- Playback from network drives (over CIFS and NFS protocols) and USB drives (FAT32 and NTFS)
- Playback of web radio streams
- Built-in web interface (RuneUI) for playback and setup control
- Can be controlled from a lot of third party clients (desktop and mobile)
- Supports USB Audio Class 2
- Optimized to reduce SD card wearing
Be the first to post a review of RuneAudio!