This is NOT another Rubic's Cube. It's a whole new kind of puzzle. A 3x3x3 arrangement of cubes has the center cube missing, thus permitting sliding permutations. After a randomization, the object is to restore the original ordering using color and alphabetic cues. Written in Ada and compiles on either OS-X or GNU/Linux. This is an Ada version of the RufasCube [C++] project.
Please download latest updates from "files" tab.
- Any linux machine or Mac with GNAT can build RufasAda! But first try the delivered binaries.
- Runs on GNU/Linux and OS-X; laptops and desktops.
- Challenging, but not as difficult as a Rubic's cube. Here, diligence pays off.
- Also, incremental solution is possible...you can unscramble one slice at a time.
- When you finish, you can see the entire english alphabet appear in sequence on the 26 cubelets.
- Laptop friendly; supports high DPI graphics mode.
- As of beta 2.1 we have sound and 3 skins!
- Autosolver <s-key> works if used immediately after a randomization.
- To move a cubelet on a laptop, position cursor, then hit the return key, or on a MacBook, you can use a 2-finger pad click.
Be the first to post a review of rufasAda!