RRDtool is the OpenSource industry standard, high performance data logging and graphing system for time series data. RRDtool can be easily integrated in shell scripts, perl, python, ruby, lua or tcl applications.
- Bindings for multiple languages.
- Both stores data and outputs graphs, making it a back-end tool and a front-end tool.
- Data storage has a fixed size; once it fills the allotted space, it circles back to the start.
- Can calculate and graph rate of change in data.
- Updates data at fixed intervals, as opposed to as it receives it. If it doesn't receive a value in the interval, it stores an UNKNOWN value.
Be the first to post a review of RRDtool!