Set of .NET libraries to support implementation of row level security in MS SQL Server 2005/2008, as described in this MS whitepaper:
- Relies on the SQL Server and Microsoft Windows® security model - avoids hand-rolled authentication mechanisms. All of the security logic is located in the database. The design should scale to very large datasets, containing tens of millions of rows.
- Differentiates permissions for each security marking/category at the SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and GRANT/REVOKE granularity. Each permission is represented by its own DB role.
- Generates scripts to create/change security schema for row level security. Supports upgrade/modification of existing DBs.
- Provides UI controls for application end-users (to view/set security labels/categories of a specific object).
- Provides UI controls for application/security managers (management of user priviledges).
- Designed for easy language localisation (using VS.NET resource files).
- You may integrate this library in your apps for free. Anyway: If it helps you make money, it might be fair to donate :)
Be the first to post a review of Row Level Security for MS SQL 2005/2008!