Rompr is a music player that lets you discover more about the music you love and discover new music you don't even know yet. It is a client for the mpd and mopidy music servers.
It plays your local music, internet radio, podcasts, and (when used with mopidy) Spotify, Soundcloud and anything else supported by Mopidy.
On top of all that, you can use Rompr in a browser on one computer to play music out of another. So if you have a media centre connected to your Hi-Fi, Rompr can control it. It supports most modern mobile devices too.
Its looks are inspired by Amarok 2.
Please use the Wiki link above to get installation instructions and a basic usage guide.
Ubuntu users can now install RompR from my PPA:
- Plays local music, radio stations, podcasts, and anything supported by Mopidy - eg Spotify and SoundCloud
- Has a sophisticated collectionizer - sorts your music by artist and album so you don't have to keep everything organised into directories
- If you prefer to keep your music organized yourself, you can browse your directories directly
- Cover art support
- Get artist biographies from Last.FM, Wikipedia, Musicbrainz, and Discogs
- Tagging and Rating of tracks (including Spotify)
- Runs in a browser on desktop and mobile devices
- Tested with mpd and Mopidy
- Lyric support for local files
There are no 4 star reviews.