Rompr is a music player that runs in your web browser. It browses and plays all your local files and has excellent integration with Last.FM. On top of all that, you can use Rompr in a browser on one computer to play music out of another. So if you have a media centre connected to your Hi-Fi, Rompr can control it. Rompr requires mpd (the Music Player Daemon) or mopidy to be running. Its looks are inspired by Amarok 2.
Please use the Wiki link above to get installation instructions and a basic usage guide. Or if the Wiki link has vanished, which it seems happens from time to time, use this link:
NOW TESTED AND WORKING ON iPAD2!!!
Ubuntu users can now install RompR from my PPA:
- Music Player
- Has a sophisticated collectionizer - sorts your music by artist and album so you don't have to keep everything organised into directories
- If you prefer to keep your music organized yourself, you can browse your directories directly
- Plays local music, Last.FM radio stations, Icecast radio, Live BBC Radio, and soma fm radio
- Cover art support
- Get artist biographies from Last.FM, Wikipedia, Musicbrainz, and Discogs
- Podcast support
- Runs in a browser
- Tested with mpd and Mopidy
- Spotify and Soundcloud playback (when used with mopidy)
There are no 3 star reviews.