Rompr is a music player that lets you discover more about the music you love and discover new music you don't even know yet. It is a client for the mpd music server.
It plays your local music, internet radio, podcasts and anything supported by Mopidy - eg Spotify, SoundCloud, Youtube...
On top of all that, you can use Rompr in a browser on one computer to play music out of another. So if you have a media centre connected to your Hi-Fi, Rompr can control it. It supports most modern mobile devices too.
Its looks are inspired by Amarok 2.
Please use the Wiki link above to get installation instructions and a basic usage guide.
- Plays local music, radio stations, podcasts.
- Has a sophisticated collectionizer - sorts your music by artist and album so you don't have to keep everything organised into directories
- If you prefer to keep your music organized yourself, you can browse your directories directly
- Cover art support
- Get artist biographies from Last.FM, Wikipedia, Musicbrainz, and Discogs, and Spotify
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Runs in a browser on desktop and mobile devices
- Lyric support for local files
- Advanced Spotify Support when used with Mopidy
- 'Smart' radio functions to play random tracks by various rules
- Alarm Clock
- UI Themes
Great Project! I use it everyday already. I hope for VK-support soon. Thanks!
Best browser based frontend to mpd I've ever seen!! Thank you!
Didn't work for me.
I tired now a fiew clients to control my mopidy server running on Raspberry. rompr is far the best one, easy to install, very fast, good design and useful features. Would be great if the development continues and advances.
Best mpd / mopidy interface i found. Mobidy beets plugin allows to show lyrics. Also manage web radios.