Powershell script that uses Robocopy and Hardlinks for creating backup snapshots on local partitions (NTFS) or remote shares (NTFS, Samba) just like the famous Rsnapshot
- Powershell script which tries to clone the features of Rsnapshot with Windows built-in routines
- Works on local partitions (NTFS) and remote shares (NTFS, Samba)
- Uses ROBOCOPY.EXE for the copying jobs
- Copies only new and changed files to the backup repository
- Unchanged files are 'hard linked'
- Windows XP: local backups (internal, usb) -- FSUTIL.EXE
- Windows 7: local backups (internal, usb) -- MKLINK
- Windows XP + 7: remote backups -- LN.EXE
- Tested on Windows XP SP3 32 bit and Windows 7 32/64 bit
- When using on remote shares make sure the filesystem supports hard links
- Saves you a lot of storage capacity
- IMPORTANT: --->README.TXT
Be the first to post a review of RoboShot!