Which file(s) should I download?
Source compilation on all platforms:
- For a standard compilation from source, you need the file rkward-0.6.1.tar.gz, and only this file.
- See http://p.sf.net/rkward/compiling for detailed instructions on compiling / installing from source
Installer for Windows:
- For a binary installer of RKWard, only, you need either
- install_rkward_0.6.1_for_R3.0.exe, for use with an R installation of 3.0.0(rc) or above
- install_rkward_0.6.1_for_R2.15.x.exe, for use with an R installation of 2.15.x
- Consider using the installation bundle, instead.
See http://p.sf.net/rkward/windows for details and support.
Binaries / compilation instructions for other architectures:
What's new in RKWard 0.6.1?
A short overview of the main changes is available at the main project page. Here is a somewhat more detailed list of changes since RKWard 0.6.0:
--- Version 0.6.1 - Apr-02-2013
- Add option to force-close a graphics window
- Add plugin for subsetting data.frames by rows or columns
- On the Windows platform, add an new (experimental) binary startup wrapper (rkward.exe)
- Revert to building R packages form source on Mac OS X by default (controllable via compile-time option)
- Fixed: lattice plots would not be added to the plot history, correctly, for some versions of lattice
- Fix crash when trying to print, and neither okular, nor kpdf are available
- Added support for loaded namespaces that are not attached to a loaded package
- Pluginmaps can specify their "priority". Pluginmaps with low priority will not be added automatically, when found.
- Pluginmaps can <require> other pluginmaps based on their id (for cross-package inclusion)
- Added new element <dependency_check> for dynamic version checks within a plugin (R and RKWard versions, only, so far)
- Add guard against accidental usage of the standard distributed pluginmaps in a later version of RKWard (installed in parallel)
- Easier (de-)activation of RKWard plugin maps using checkboxes (Settings->Configure RKWard->Plugins)
- Broken or quirky .pluginmap files are reported to the user, completely broken maps are disabled, automatically
- Implement basic dependency handling for plugins / pluginmaps
- Added support for the upcoming R 3.0.0
- Added <switch> logic element to switch between several target properties (or fixed values) based on the value of a condition property
- Sort plugin gains option to sort data.frames by more than one column at a time, and options for type conversion
- Add in-application debug message viewer (targetted at (plugin) developers)
- Add setting to customize initial working directory
- Windows only: Add UI-checkbox for R's "internet2"-option
- New functions getString(), getList() and getBoolean() for fetching data in plugin scripts
- Boolean properties now return a numeric, not labelled representation of their value, by default. <checkbox>es should be unaffected.
- Added <optionset> GUI element for entering a set of options for an arbitrary number of items
- Reduce CPU usage of pluings while idle
- Fix conversion from Numeric to Factor in the data editor
- In the data.frame editor, columns containing invalid values are now highlighted in red
- Fixed: If none of the previous plugin maps could be found on startup, re-add the default
- Added <matrix> GUI element for entering matrix or vector data in plugins
- Improve key handling while editing factor levels in a data.frame
- Added utiltity function rk.flush.output()
- RKWard is now categorized as Science/Math/Numerical Analysis in its .desktop file
- Fixed: Yet another fix for hard-to-read function argument hints
- Fixed: Device history was not working with more recent versions of ggplot2
- Fixed: Option to include suggested packages in install was mis-labelled "install dependencies"
- rk.set.output.html.file() gains argument to allow addition of custom content to the html header