RhinoLINUX aims to create a desktop OS with something for everyone, but with ease of use, flexibility and minimal fuss.
It is a goal of the project that the OS will run or open ALL common/popular document/media/web format files without needing to add apps/plugins/codecs etc.
RhinoLINUX Main Edition is our flagship product. We also have a Lite XFCE,KDE and Cinnamon Editions all hosted at SF.nef
This latest release v8.0 is Trusty Tosca - built using Ubuntu 14.04 'trusty' source as codebase there have been added codecs/plugins and cross-platform support for Windows applications and legacy Operating Systems via our VirtualX suite of emulation and virtualization softwaare managers/sub-systems such as QEMU.WINE and VirtualBOX.
RhinoLINUX can run multiple Windows versions side by side at the same time or install Windows apps, including MS Office !
Custom system tools such as Multisystem boot builder apps, Live USB creators, Backup tools etc. as well as our Remastering tools left in
- Desktop Environments - Choice of top graphical user interfaces
- Cross Platform Application support - 95 % of Windows applications run using WINE
- Legacy Operating System/ Application support - VirtualX Suite of emulation and virtualization platforms to allow running other OS
- Comprehensive suite of Applications - All common and popular Office/Multimedia/Graphics/Web apps and document types supported from setup, incl. codecs
- 100% Compatible with Ubuntu's "raring" class of applications - Over 40 000 applications can be easily browsed and added FREE of charge
- Ubuntu users unhappy with Gnome 3.0 / Unity can switch to RhinoLINUX with complete compatibility
- For medium to advanced users, command line and GUI tools enable data saving, management, recovery etc easy
- MultiSystem, Unetbootin and ISO Master make working with DVD/USB media and creating MultiBoot USB Disks is easy
- Customization and personalization easy, remastering tools included.
Be the first to post a review of RhinoLINUX Main Edition!