RhinoLINUX aims to create a desktop OS with something for everyone, but with ease of use, flexibility and minimal fuss.
RhinoLINUX will have a Main Edition, which will feature a number of top and possibly experimental desktop shells, as well as a KDE edition and last, but not least - a Lite Edition.
This is usually based on an XFce desktop environment. The Xfce desktop GUI is modern-looking while still being very lightweight in terms of resource requirements.
(The RhinoLINUX Lite release is at http://sf.net/projects/rhinolinuxlite. )
In the latest edition of RhinoLINUX Main Edition version 5.0 the system features a 3.50 Linux kernel, MATE Desktop 1.4 as the default shell, Cinnamon Desktop, Gnome 3 & Classic Shells, LXDE and other window managers, all available as one logs in. Choose 'sessions' to switch between them. The RhinoLINUX Main Edition also features current rerleases of Libre Office, Firefox, Opera, VirtualBox, VLC Media Player, Adobe Acrobat and Flash support.
- Desktop Environments - Choice of top graphical user interfaces
- Cross Platform Application support - 95 % of Windows applications run using WINE
- Legacy Operating System/ Application support - VirtualX Suite of emulation and virtualization platforms to allow running other OS
- Comprehensive suite of Applications - All common and popular Office/Multimedia/Graphics/Web apps and document types supported from setup, incl. codecs
- 100% Compatible with Ubuntu's "oneiric" class of applications - Over 30000 applications can be easily browsed and added FREE of charge
- Ubuntu users unhappy with Gnome 3.0 / Unity can switch to RhinoLINUX with complete compatibility
- For medium to advanced users, command line and GUI tools enable data saving, management, recovery etc easy
- MultiSystem, Unetbootin and ISO Master make working with DVD/USB media and creating MultiBoot USB Disks is easy
- Customization and personalization easy, remastering tools included.
Be the first to post a review of RhinoLINUX Main Edition!