Rescatux is a GNU/Linux rescue cd (and eventually also Windows) but it is not like other rescue disks. Rescatux comes with Rescapp. Rescapp is a nice wizard that will guide you through your rescue tasks.
When the wizard is not able to solve your problem you can also enjoy of Rescatux unique support features:
* Chat: Open the chat for asking help directly in Rescatux channel.
* Share log: After running an option you can share its log (the action registry that it has done) so that in the chat they can help you better. O better, even, you can help debug and fix Rescatux bugs on the fly.
* Share log on forum: Prepares a forum post alike text so that you can just copy and paste it in your favourite forum. Logs are nicely inserted into it with [CODE] symbols.
* Boot Info Script: Run Boot Info Script option to share your computer configuration (specially boot one).
- Restore GRUB and GRUB2
- (>=0.31 beta 4) Update any GRUB2 menues
- Update Debian/Ubuntu grub menues
- Clear Windows passwords
- Restore Windows MBR (BETA)
- (>=0.31 beta 4) Promote a Windows user to Administrator role
- Change Gnu/Linux Password
- Regenerate sudoers file
- File System Check (Forced Fix) (BETA)
- (>=0.31 beta 3) boot-repair 3.199
- (>=0.31 beta 1) Gparted 0.12
- (>=0.31 beta 3) os-uninstaller 3.199
- (>=0.31 beta 3) clean-ubiquity 3.199
- (>=0.31 beta 3) photorec
- (>=0.31 beta 3) testdisk 6.13
- (>=0.31 beta 1) Gpart 0.1h-11+b1
- (>=0.31 beta 1) extundelete 0.2.0
- Boot Info Script
- Share a log (Support)
- Share a log on forum (Support)
- Show logs (Support)
A great software! some 3 years ago, when i tried to install linux - ubuntu in my win vista - laptop, i messed up and couldnt load windows anymore - i lost access to all drives except thro linux, if i remember right.. Horrible thing in the middle of a struggle to submit a thesis, - the service person didnt know how to fix it, he wanted to format it - but rescatux saved me.. thank you :) - i created this account today when i suddenly saw rescatux on featured downloads- had to say its good, right :)
Thank you for your work.