rePhase is a tool for generating FIR filters that compensate for the phase shifts of your loudspeakers and existing crossovers, as well as designing fully linear-phase active crossovers with arbitrary slopes.
The generated FIR can then be applied using any hardware (openDRC, miniSHARC, Najda, ...) or software (foobar, convolver, JRiver, ...), stereo or multi-way convolution engine.
Here is a nice application note from the miniDSP team that will get you started in less than 10 minutes:
It is focused on their convolution engine but the logic applies to other engines too.
- miniDSP forum section: http://minidsp.com/forum/22-rephase
- diyaudio forum thread: http://diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/221434-rephase-loudspeaker-phase-linearization-eq-fir-filtering-tool.html
- HCFR French forum thread: http://homecinema-fr.com/forum/diy-enceintes/rephase-linearisation-de-phase-eq-et-filtrage-fir-t30024394.html
- generate impulse responses (FIR) for convolution engines
- measurement import and real-time correction
- loudspeakers phase linearization (passive or active crossovers)
- linear-phase and minimum-phase gain paragraphic EQ
- linear-gain phase praragraphic EQ
- multiple gain EQ algorithms (constant Q, proportional Q, constant slope, raised cosine)
- arbitrary slopes linear-phase filters (aka FIR filters)
- real-time graphical monitoring of target and results curves
- automatic optimization for the best result with a given number of taps
- multiple windowing choices
Works, very small, no complaints.
simple and straight forward to use