RED searches and deletes empty directories recursively below a given start folder and shows the result in a well arranged tree. Further you can create some custom rules for keeping and deleting folders. Empty files in directories can also be ignored.
- Simple user interface
- Shows empty directories before deleting them
- Supports multiple delete modes (including Delete to recycle bin)
- Allows white and black listing of directories by using filter lists
- Can detect directories with empty files as empty
- Portable (runs from USB drive)
Perfect. Thank you!
this tool just do what u need, and that`s excellent
Great tool, stable and reliable.
Worked great! I had a NAS with years of files on it. After using a duplicate file finder and other software to automatically catalog and order my music (jaikoz) and photos (auto photo organizer), I had many empty folders. I guess the programs don't delete the folders after cleaning up the data or maybe I didn't choose the right settings. RED found over 1,400 empty directories! Crazy. Once found RED successfully deleted the files. Only wish for the product is that that it produced a log file that you could save that included the list of deleted files. Other than that, this work fantastically well.