rEFInd is a fork of the rEFIt boot manager. Like rEFIt, rEFInd can auto-detect your installed EFI boot loaders and it presents a pretty GUI menu of boot options. rEFInd goes beyond rEFIt in that rEFInd better handles systems with many boot loaders, gives better control over the boot loader search process, and provides the ability for users to define their own boot loader entries.
- Support for EFI 1.x and UEFI 2.x computers
- Support for Mac and PC platforms
- Graphical and text-mode boot selector
- Auto-detection of available EFI boot loaders
- Directly launch Linux 3.3.0 and later kernels with EFI stub loader support
- Set boot-time options from a list
- Manually edit boot-time options
- Launch EFI programs such as an EFI shell (available from third parties)
- Try before installation via a CD-R or USB flash drive image
- Includes EFI drivers for ext2/3fs, ext4fs, ReiserFS, Btrfs, HFS+, and ISO-9660
This is very usefull for us multi-OS users!
rEFInd is absolutely marvellous for setting up a PC to boot WIndows and one or more Linux systems! What I like most is that rEFInd is self-contained and strictly separated from the operating systems installed on the computer.
Thanks for software and updates.