An EFI boot manager utility
rEFInd is a fork of the rEFIt boot manager. Like rEFIt, rEFInd can auto-detect your installed EFI boot loaders and it presents a pretty GUI menu of boot options. rEFInd goes beyond rEFIt in that rEFInd better handles systems with many boot loaders, gives better control over the boot loader search process, and provides the ability for users to define their own boot loader entries.
- Support for EFI 1.x and UEFI 2.x computers
- Support for Mac and PC platforms
- Graphical and text-mode boot selector
- Auto-detection of available EFI boot loaders
- Directly launch Linux 3.3.0 and later kernels with EFI stub loader support
- Set boot-time options from a list
- Manually edit boot-time options
- Launch EFI programs such as an EFI shell (available from third parties)
- Try before installation via a CD-R or USB flash drive image
Thanks for software and updates.
rEFInd looks nice and is easily configurable by writing a config file - and a whole lot can be done just by moving and renaming files. Also, it Just Works and has sane defaults.
Nice Job!!! Only thing missing is GUI Menu to tweak rEFInd.conf
One of the easiest apps to use
Thank you this works perfectly on vmware.