rEFInd is a fork of the rEFIt boot manager. Like rEFIt, rEFInd can auto-detect your installed EFI boot loaders and it presents a pretty GUI menu of boot options. rEFInd goes beyond rEFIt in that rEFInd better handles systems with many boot loaders, gives better control over the boot loader search process, and provides the ability for users to define their own boot loader entries.
- Support for EFI 1.x and UEFI 2.x computers
- Support for Mac and PC platforms
- Graphical and text-mode boot selector
- Auto-detection of available EFI boot loaders
- Directly launch Linux 3.3.0 and later kernels with EFI stub loader support
- Maintenance-free Linux kernel updates -- boot-time auto-detection means that no configuration file changes are needed after a kernel update
- Set boot-time options from a list
- Manually edit boot-time options
- Launch EFI programs such as an EFI shell (available from third parties)
- Launch OS X and Windows recovery tools
- Reboot into the firmware setup utility (on some UEFIs)
- Try before installation via a CD-R or USB flash drive image
- Secure Boot support (requires separate shim or PreLoader program)
- Includes EFI drivers for ext2/3fs, ext4fs, ReiserFS, Btrfs, HFS+, and ISO-9660
Finally i can select to boot windows 8.1 or ubuntu 14.04 on my Asus U38n!
Very usefull and easy to install
What a great boot manager! Easy to use, customizable, and powerful. Much preferred over GRUB...
Saved me when I went astray doing a kernel update.
Just a great tool.