Easy rescue system with GUI tools for full system backup, bare metal recovery, partition editing, recovering deleted files, data protection, web browsing, and more. Uses partclone (like Clonezilla) with a UI like Ghost or Acronis. Runs from CD/USB.
- NOTE: If the backup freezes, your drive is either corrupted, read-only, or out of space!
- Simple GUI interface anyone can use
- Boots from Live CD or a USB drive
- Can automatically locate network storage (shared folders & FTP servers)
- Extra tools for hard drive partitioning, factory reset, undeleting files
- Web browser for downloading drivers, reading documentation
- File explorer for copying and editing files even if system won't boot
- Based on Ubuntu and partclone
What else is there to say? Not a thing! This program just simply works! And it is free! What else could a person need? Great work developers! 5 STARS!!!
I know there are complicated backup tools available that have more features and capability; but they are difficult to learn to use. I love ReDo cause is works and it doesn't require an huge investment of time learning the idiosyncrasies of a particular backup suite. Maybe I can figure out Bacula someday, but wow the documentation is so horrible! - I'm so glad ReDo works for me for now.
This program is VERY easy to use, but lacks the ability to restore to smaller drives, the ability to easily restore a selected partition, and several other features. The support is pretty bad. I asked a simple question in march and they still have not answered it.
Easy to use. I've used this software on multiple OS with multiple clients without fail works every time.
I tried it to backup my Windows XP. It worked flawlessly. However I was disappointed to find it did not have an "Image Integrity" check to find out if the image files created would work when I needed them. AND I was not about to Restore the newly created backup image files What ReDO needs is another Ic0n Butten Called "Integrity Check" In the main Backup / Restore Menu