Plugin for MySQL Workbench creates rails 3.x files from schemata.
Automatically creates schema,seed,migration and model files from MySQL Workbench schemata.
- files are created automatically and ready-to-use for your own rails application
- creates migration files, model files, schema file and seeds file
- custumizable via source code or on the fly via schemata comment orders
- seed file: plugin works like a seed generator including relations
- tested with MySQL Workbench version 5.2.40 on Win 7, Ubuntu 12.04 and Mac OS 10.x
Finally, I can plan out my schema BEFORE I even create my rails app. This will cut down on initial development time. Great job! I look forward to the next major revision.
I'm just discovering this plugin and I've to say it is excellent. It generates the migration, schema, model and seed files very nicely, including the comments I had on tables and columns and the foreign key indexes. I've 34 tables in my schema and it's almost perfect. Noticed only two "bugs" so far: newlines in comments are not commented in the exported files, so it may cause errors, I've a unique index on txo columns that is correctly exported in the model but is not in the migration. Anyway, very useful plugin, hope there will be a version for rails 4 !