New version 0.91b released. Some bugs / issues of v0.91 have been adressed. A model for the Himmelskamp 3D effect has been added to HAWT LLT simulations.
IMPORTANT: On some PC's the 64Bit version is not working due to graphics drivers issues. In this case use the 32Bit version instead.
There is also a new Guidelines document: QBlade_Guidelines_v09.pdf. Please have a look at this document first before posting questions in the forum. Also, if you discover any bugs please post them in the forums bug section.
QBlade is a Blade Element Momentum Method (BEM), Double Multiple Streamtube (DMS) and nonlinear Lifting Line Theory (LLT) Design and Simulation Software for Vertical- and Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines. It also includes tools to setup and simulate the internal blade structure and perform an aeroelastic analysis of a wind turbine rotor in turbulent inflow conditions through a coupling with FAST from NREL
Feature video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9laLMswJr
- NEW VERSION v0.9 - UNSTEADY LIFTING LINE MODULE FOR VAWT AND HAWT
- Airfoil design and simulation using XFOIL viscous/inviscid analysis
- Extrapolation of XFOIL generated or imported polar data to 360° AoA
- Wind turbine blade design and optimization for horizontal and vertical axis rotors
- Storing of projects, rotors, turbines and simulations in a runtime database
- Computation of rotor and turbine performance over tip speed ratio or windspeed range
- Definition of a blade structural model & modal analysis computation
- Generator for turbulent windfields
- Unsteady lifting line simulations for VAWT & HAWT
- Post Processor for velocity field generation and export of the LLT
- Fully coupled with FAST structural simulator from NREL
- Data browsing and visualization
- Export functionality for blades, polars and all other simulation data
this is the simple and easy to work with wind turbine blade .
This software has been extremely helpful to my senior design team. We are building a small wind turbine to compete in a Department of Energy sponsored competition. Q-Blade made it easy to iterate on design and see how changing the parameters affected the coefficient of performance and other performance characteristics. There have been some bugs to deal with, but the software is in beta state and most of them have been something you can work around.
A great analysis software that is still giving great assistance to wind turbine researchers. Keep up the good work!
Great GUI for a open source project, haven't seen any bugs yet. Everything from foil analysis to AEP, terrific! Of course it's still beta so there are inconveniences. Great work!