QBlade is a Blade Element Momentum Method (BEM) and Double Multiple Streamtube (DMS) Design and Simulation Software for Vertical- and Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines. It also includes tools to setup and simulate the internal blade structure and perform an aeroelastic analysis of a wind turbine rotor in turbulent inflow conditions through a coupling with FAST from NREL
- NEW VERSION v0.8 - STRUCTURAL BLADE MODEL & AEROELASTIC SIMULATION
- Airfoil design and simulation using XFOIL viscous/inviscid analysis
- Extrapolation of XFOIL generated or imported polar data to 360° AoA
- Wind turbine blade design and optimization for horizontal and vertical axis rotors
- Storing of projects, rotors, turbines and simulations in a runtime database
- Computation of rotor and turbine performance over tip speed ratio or windspeed range
- Definition of a blade structural model & modal analysis computation
- Generator for turbulent windfields
- Fully coupled with FAST structural simulator from NREL
- Data browsing and visualization
- Export functionality for blades, polars and all other simulation data
A great analysis software that is still giving great assistance to wind turbine researchers. Keep up the good work!
Great GUI for a open source project, haven't seen any bugs yet. Everything from foil analysis to AEP, terrific! Of course it's still beta so there are inconveniences. Great work!