An advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt4 user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible.
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents
- Integrated torrent search engine
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader
- Good internationalization
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac Os, Windows)
- Very lightweight
- Torrent queueing and prioritizing
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing)
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x)
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files)
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Torrent creation tool
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface
Here is another Qt project (qAllInOne): sourceforge.net/projects/qallinone/ Please support it so it can be another successful Qt Project :)
I use this on linux and windows and find it to be fantastic . Great work, really an achievement.
Im using Win8 and this program is the cream of the crop, an essential piece of software.... running fast and smooth, 0 ads: Perfect.
I have been using this for a while. I have replaced uTorrent with this in my Windows machines as it became bloated and unstable. I'll compare this to uTorrent: Doesn't crash. uTorrent crashed for several times in a way that I had to reboot my PC. I really tried hard to kill the process but could not. qBittorrent haven't crashed yet. When I used 1 GB - 1,8 GB cache in uTorrent it used to crash when downloading. qBittorrent can handle 1,8GB cache with ease. No ads. Open source. You don't need to fear about things like companies tracking your download habbits. Not bloated with unnecessary features. Doesn't look as good. uTorrent looks a bit better and modern to my eye. I don't like candy-looking colours and shapes. Awesome handling of magnet links. qBittorrent downloads the meta info of the torrent while you are choosing the download location.
Been using it for some time, excellent in all respects Pros Very user friendly. Cons None.'Keep up the good work.