An advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt4 user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible.
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents
- Integrated torrent search engine
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader
- Good internationalization
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac Os, Windows)
- Very lightweight
- Torrent queueing and prioritizing
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing)
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x)
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files)
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Torrent creation tool
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface
What to say? It is light, efficient, fast, uncluttered piece of software. It works just fine. Also, it is available as portable app. Maybe it is not the best looking application in your Program Files but I keep it with me because it works great. And it is not annoying as similar apps. Bottom line: it works great. You should use it. Thanks, Cristophe and Sledgehammer999.
No ads, fast, light, what else? abandoned Utorrent. Just a bit old-fashioned style.
today Deb-3-2015 I tried installing version 220.127.116.11 on my Mac running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and it gave the error "qbittorrent quit unexpectedly" when I tried to run the program. I was impressed with the Linux version on Ubuntu so i tired it on my Mac.
just needs a remade design in windows sounds like stone age :D