An advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt4 user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible.
- Simultaneous download of multiple torrents
- Integrated torrent search engine
- Integrated RSS feed reader and downloader
- Good internationalization
- DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP
- Cross platform (Linux, Mac Os, Windows)
- Very lightweight
- Torrent queueing and prioritizing
- Control over files in a torrent (filtering, prioritizing)
- Nice µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit (qBittorrent v2.x)
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files)
- Peer display with country and hostname resolution (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Advanced control over torrent trackers (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Closest open source equivalent to µTorrent (qBittorrent v2.x)
- Torrent creation tool
- Remote control through Secure Web User Interface
Since the new team take over, the once, nice working program (v3.0.11) has now (v3.1.8) converted in a complete bugfest which crashes before it even downloads 1 single byte....
Awesome BT client. It's just works fine on both Fedora 17 and Windows 7 and I like it very much. Really best cross-platform alternative for uTorrent. Nice job, guys. Keep it up!
To report bugs requires registration. Annoying update problem presently experienced, but I'd rather go back to utorrent than have to register then sign in every time & hope another update/other clears this up. I was only trying out qBittorrent, & it's roughly equal to utorrent, if not slightly inferior.
Why would I not recommend this project, let me address the following from the FAQ: Q: What Operating systems are currently supported by qBittorrent? A: qBittorrent code compiles on Unix-like systems (Linux, BSD, MacOSX...) and Windows. However, Windows is not officially supported yet due to the lack of Windows users in the project. If there was a Windows version already compiled and made available and was announced properly, then you'd have Windows users. Heck, I want to try qBitTorrent but cannot because there is no Windows binary.