Python Spreadsheet Middleman. Aims to be the best cross platform--cross application python spreadsheet module for any spreadsheet program. Currently supports Excel and Gnumeric. Made to be easy to use and newbie friendly. Documentation in zip!
- Because getting/changing cells shouldn't be more difficult than B['A1:D20']
- Because Creating a sheet should only need B.create_sheet('my sheet')
- Because Spreadsheets are an excellent way to view, store, and play with data
- Because who wants to write VBA?
- PyWorkbooks works in Excel and Gnumeric. Will also incorporate Open Office and Google Spreadsheets
- Looking for developers, testers, and users
- Made to be built on. Check out the source.
- Documentation in the zip file in "Files"
Very good Software.
The great documentation (no sarcasm) included in the zip fails to mention that PyWorkbooks in MS Windows depends on Python for Windows Extensions and PyQt4. But once I installed these, voila, <b>IT JUST WORKS!<\b>