PythonToolkit (PTK) is an interactive environment for python. It was designed to provide a python based environment similiar to Matlab for scientists and engineers however it can also be used as a general purpose interactive python environment.
- A console window with support for muliple isolated python interpreters (engines).
- Object inspection, auto-completions and call tips.
- Command history and multi-line editing.
- A simple python code editor.
- Namespace browser (similiar to MATLAB workspace).
- Fully extendable via Tool plugin system.
- Python path management.
- Program interactively in different GUI toolkits (wxPython, pyQt4, pyGTK, pyside & TkInter)
- Integrated debugger - set break points, pause, edit/inspect variables and step through code.
- Includes conditional and temporary breakpoints.
There is an error every time I try to install it. It either says there is an error in line 54 of setup.py, or that when I use the msi that it cannot find python in the registry, yet other programs found it just fine.
I'm ubuntu user. I installed "sudo python setup.py install". How to uninstall it?
pythontoolkit is small and works nicely