Provides support for properties files in Python 3.x
pyproperties provides support for properties files in Python. Being written entirely from scratch it is not in any way derived from java.util.Properties.
There are projects which try to mimic j.u.P. This is not one of them.
It can read, parse and store properties files but also provides some more advanced functionality like manipulating comments and type-guessing.
- loading from *.properties files,
- reloading or refreshing loaded file,
- referencing properties in other properties values with $(foo.bar) syntax,
- merging and joining *.properties files,
- storing loaded properties while preserving comments and blank lines,
- securing your actions by providing secure and "working" copy of properties data,
- reliable type conversion of values,
- int, float, str, None and boolean types are supported by conversion mechanism
- capability of adding and removing comments of properties via library methods,
- support for hiding properties,
- detection of grouped properties,
- storing properties created by programs in human-readable way
- multiple types of getters and setters,
- special __include__ instruction for building dynamic properties files,
- exporting to JSON,
Be the first to post a review of PyProperties!