A cryptographically secure random password generator for Linux written in python and GTK 2.0.
- 7 different password creation options (word list, ASCII printables, letters and digits, mixed case letters, lower case letters, digits only, and hexadecimal).
- The ability to create a password from a word list (Diceware) so that it will be easier to remember.
- All passwords are generated with a secure PRNG (/dev/urandom).
- The entropy (in bits) of the password is provided.
- The time for a brute force attack to succeed against the generated password (using a regular GPU, a Cray XT5, and a theoretical supercomputer).
Be the first to post a review of Pypass!