Open Source CAM - Toolpath Generation for 3-Axis CNC machining
- read and write STL model files
- engraving of 2D contour models (from SVG/DXF/PS)
- generate GCode
- configurable tools, processes and boundaries
- customizable support bridges
- interactive 3D model view
- engraving single-line fonts
- estimate machine time for each toolpath
- scale, move, rotate, flip and transform 2D/3D models
- 2D projection
- multi-layered 2D models
- extrusion of 2D models with configurable slopes
- non-interactive GCode generation via commandline
- uses multiple CPU cores automatically
- server/client mode for distributed calculations
I have to start tried pycam in the terminal and receive the following error message. Psyco is not available (performance will probably suffer slightly) Enabled 2 parallel local processes Font directory: /Users/werner/Downloads/pycam-0.5.1/share/fonts ** Gtk:ERROR:gtkrecentmanager.c:2074:get_icon_fallback: assertion failed: (retval != NULL) Abort logout Software Installed: X11 Macports XQuartz OSX 10.7.5
Great tool! But on windows I cant' load binary .stl, modified Utils\__init__.py: def open(self): if self.is_local(): return open(self.get_local_path(),'rb') then it works fine. But I didn't get the gtk stuff with python 2.7 running, so it would be great to get an updated binary!
I think you guys are on the right track but your STL import does not work. I have a script that might help... please let me know if you are interested.
Very good Software.
Hy guys :D Please keep on going and coding! At the Moment writing this, Pycam is the only usable and working 3D G-code generator for UNIX based OS´ s!!!