PWGen is a professional password generator capable of creating large amounts of cryptographically-secure passwords or passphrases consisting of words from word lists. It uses a "random pool" technique to generate random data based on user inputs (keystrokes, mouse handling) and volatile system parameters. PWGen provides lots of options to customize passwords to the users' various needs. Additionally, it offers strong text encryption and the creation of random data files (e.g., key files).
- Free and open-source software
- Unicode support
- Uses up-to-date cryptography
- Numerous password options for various purposes
- "Password hasher" functionality (similar to "Hashapass")
- Generation of large amounts of passwords at once
- Generation of passphrases composed of words from word lists
- Generation of phonetic (pronounceable) passwords
- Pattern-based password generation
- Secure text encryption
- Multilingual support
- Unobtrusive, fully portable, runs on all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions
Was using extreme password generator, but then I randomly came across this, which I had downloaded a while ago & I finally decided to try it....let me tell you what, I haven't touched EPG SINCE! I love love love PWGen. It rules. I used the custom dictionary .txt file I made for EPG & it worked perfectly. I use really offensive/dirty/funny words in mine & it makes for awesome passwords that crack me up. Great software that is really useful, RIDICULOUSLY easy to use, FULL of features & VERY low on resource usage! I recommend this to anyone looking for a solution, and even those who aren't, because they SHOULD be using something like this. It's perfect. <3 Thank you to everyone involved in developing this, I <3 you!!!
I lost my password generator when 64 bit windows gutted 16bit legacy support. PWGen is even better then what I had written.
Just what I was looking for.. quick password generator with easy to configure options. Great work, thanks!
Superb little program - thanks!
Thanks for Pwgen-win, it's the best!