PuppEX Tahr is a remaster of Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0, released on October 28, 2014. PuppEX Tahr/Puppy Tahr is compatible with Ubuntu 14.04 binary packages.
Kernel 3.19.1-PAE-puppex is used.
PuppEX uses the original Puppy Tahr Desktop. I have added the file manager PCManFM and LXTerminal. They are more useful than ROX-Filer respectively RXVT, I think.
The ISO file is on the whole 475 MB, which is due to me including NVIDIA Graphics driver 346.47, Gimp, Google Chrome and compiling tools. PuppEX Tahr is despite this still running as fast as the original, which means it runs very, very fast compared to most other Linux systems. (Puppy/PuppEX runs from RAM).
MOST important CHANGES
I've changed kernel from 3.14.20 to 3.19.1-PAE-puppex and installed NVIDIA Graphics driver 346.47. The Nvidia driver will be used if your computer/card is "modern" enough.
The default language (locale) is set to English.
- "Extra" programs: Google Chrome, PCManFM, LXTerminal, Nano, Gimp and compilation tools
- PAE enabled kernel - 3.19.1-PAE-puppex
- NVIDIA Graphics driver 346.47
- Runs from RAM
- Stable as the original Puppy Tahr
- Compatible with Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 14.04
- Compilation tools
- 32 bit
- Adobe Flash
- Service Pack 6.0.2 added in PuppEX version 150309
- Google Chrome in version 150309 - for Netflix
puppex works perfectly, thanks