GpsPrune is a java application to view and manage coordinate data, eg from GPS units. With it you can load a variety of text and Xml formats, view the data (in 2d and 3d), edit and convert the data, correlate photos and audio, create charts and more.
- Load data from file or directly from your GPS
- View your track data using openstreetmap
- Delete points or ranges, either manually or automatically
- Correlate your photos and audio files using timestamps
- Save your file as text, gpx, kml, kmz (with photos), or back to your gps unit
- Render your track in 3d
- Lookup additional data such as altitudes and wikipedia articles
My recommendation for editing tracks in GPX, KML, KMZ, ... format
Very useful. Thanks.
There are two sides to geographical data; gathering and storing it, and extracting and representing it. Unfortunately those knowledgeable enough to undertake the first part have no problems with the second, and fail to understand the needs of the uninitiated user. For those who wish only to use the data without getting bogged down in the detail GpsPrune is an invaluable tool with a user-friendly interface. I can highly recommend it.
prune-gps works nicely