Procedural Generator is an application that can load various image processing plug-ins.
The main application loads the plug-ins, allows plug-in selection, displays computation results.
The plug-in's job is made in 2 steps :
- 1st step : CPU step : image computing using CPU computations.
- 2nd step : GPU step : image post-processing using GPU through GLSL shaders.
Some plug-ins only use CPU step, such as Perlin Noise, Life Game, Diffusion Limited aggregation.
Other ones may use only the GPU step, such as Shader Effects, Text Effects.
The GPU step uses OpenGL and allows the use of GLSL shaders.
The CPU step is multithreaded in order to fasten the computations.
- Multithreaded computations
- Generators are plugins for more flexibility
- Life Game (classic, bugged :P, coloured)
- Perlin Noise (marble, turbulences, parametric)
- 2D Voronoï Diagram (euclidian, squared euclidian, manhattan, minkowski, chebychev)
- Iterated Function Systems (Sierpinski carpet and gasket, Koch curve, ...)
- Limited Diffusion Aggregation
- Software image post-processing (gaussian blur, anisotropic and linear NR, sharpening ...)
- Hardware image post-processing (via GLSL)
- Webcam + Hardware image post-processing (via GLSL)
- OpenCL image post-processing
- Image saving
- Video recording
Be the first to post a review of Procedural Generator!