PRLL HAS MOVED TO GITORIOUS
A utility for parallelizing the execution of shell functions. Focuses on convenience in interactive use, but is just as usable in shell scripts. Put your multicore to good use, or combine prll with ssh to create an instant cluster.
- Easy to use. Focuses on a single task and doesn't try to emulate a kitchen sink.
- Code is passed in shell functions to ease interactive use.
- Should work in all bourne-like shells and in several operating systems.
- Can be terminated from within the code it executes, easing aborting on errors or implementing an ad-hoc parallel search.
- Does internal buffering and locking to prevent mangling/interleaving of output from separate jobs.
Be the first to post a review of prll!